17.5.13

Styled Shoot: Dreamspun

This past Winter I styled a clothing line look book and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Dreamspun is a local children's clothing store with some cute pieces. Korrie is the creative designer behind the adorable brand and has one very talented mind. When I was bough on board Korrie had already created the concept behind this fun shoot. No better theme if you ask me than "Girls Party Gone Wild." You can see the Pinterest board here. This seamed very fitting for me as my role has been significantly in the party world.



Dreamspun has been seen several times before in party styled shoots, photo shoots, blogs and more. When I first heard on Dreamspun in the part world it was the adorable shoot found here from Kim of The Tomkat Studio. I remember Dreamspun was one of the first to design petti-skirts and petti-rompers.





I brought on some of my best sweet vendors to create cookies, fondant toppers and edible details. I enlisted in Linda from Frog-prince-cake-cookie-design and Renee from Astonishing Cakes LLC. Also, my sweet friend Jill from Events By I Candy who supplied rentals for the shoot.



















A lot of my inspiration came from the fabric choices in the Fall line and the medallions that were purchased from oriental trading. The medallion floral wall was a huge focal point for the shoot and really added a fun and whimsical element to the shoot. I took the concept and also have Linda from Frog Prince Cake and Cookie Design make fondant medallions for the cake. The medallions then were put on top of lollipop sticks that accented the top of the cake. Linda, even amazingly was able to transform the fabric details into the most adorable and cute sugar cookies ever. They were almost too cute to eat, but boy were they good.


For cupcake toppers I had Renee from Astonishing Cakes LLC create a few different looks. She brilliantly make a needle and thread, Dreamspun logo and a few other sewing notions. Sometimes, I can fathom how fondant artists even do it :) The details of the toppers were just lovely. I couldn't of asked for anything more.

Carrie from carrie anne photography did an amazing job capturing the sweet little girls in the shoot and all the lovely details. I hope that you enjoy as much as I had fun styling the shoot. Be sure to check out my Facebook page to see more fun pictures from the shoot found: here










Pin It!

No comments: