23.8.12

New Logo, New Beginnings... The Transformation of a logo


This week I decided to do something a little different for a post. I wanted to share with you the transformation of my logo and the work that goes into producing it. Some of you know that since March of this year I have been working closely with a group of designers and advocates from Deluxe Corporation. The team was AMAZING and so helpful! When I attended the Dreamers into Doer's MSLO Event this past March (you can see that post here) I was the lucky winner of an awesome logo package. This couldn't have came at a better time for me actually. A few weeks prior to leaving for NYC I was in the process of changing my logo for some paper products that I wanted to send to NYC for the swag bags and business cards. Never, did I think that designing a logo would be so stressful, haha. To define something that everyone sees as the face of the business that's a lot of pressure. The last thing you want to do is hate it and end up re-designing it sooner than later. I mean when I first designed my original logo, the one with the dandelion I seemed to have no problem it seems, but little did I know. Back in 2008, when I decided to start pursuing my dream I though what I created looked great. Fast forward a few years and now it's time for a re-branding and a new look for a new beginning.
When I first started the process with Deluxe Corporation I thought I wanted to incorporate the dandelion into my logo again, but that changed soon after. I guess I was having a hard time portraying the reason behind the image and the meaning for my business. I had one thought that came to mind only: I wanted to be everywhere possible and make dreams come true. I thought about it long and hard. I came to a realization that I was trying to make the image define me, not define my image and me. So out with the dandelion and in with a whole new set of ideas.  I literally went through about 10 revisions total each time with the designers showing me at least 6-8 concepts each time. I would get home and almost every night I was faithful to finding the perfect logo for Greyson Design. I knew I wanted something modern, simple, girly with an amazing  font incorporated. I have to say the hardest part of designing my logo was to let others design it for me. Sometimes I found it cumbersome to delay to the designers what my concept was.
 It actually, wasn't until the second to last set of revisions that I decided to pull out my sketch book and do a pencil drawing altered from a previous revision. I knew by this time that I was getting close to what I really wanted. All of a sudden it hit me and to town I went with my sketch book. Before I knew it the perfect font and image was making sense to me. Many of you may ask why I choose a heart for my logo? I felt that it truly defines me and my business. I LOVE this path I have choose and this is what dreams are made of :) What better image to incorporate other than a heart, displaying true love for the celebrations and events we love celebrating. I want people to love working with Greyson Design, enuff said :) I also, have some visions for my business and new product development that aligns perfectly with the image. More to come on that soon... Below I have included almost all of the revisions from Deluxe Corporation that I felt were worth saving and to show the transformation of my logo. It is kind of fun to look back and see how far my logo has come. I hope you enjoy the transformation and stick around to see a new beginning for Greyson Design. Thank you for all your support, always!





  

The Final Logo:Produced from a pencil drawing.




All images are created by the amazing staff at Deluxe Corporation. They can be found at this link.



































Pin It!

1 comment:

Lisa @ Henderson Rubin Creative Design Studio said...

I am so happy for you Val! Your logo looks great! Congratulations!