17.7.12

{Pintastic Tuesday} Hello, Sunshine!

Hello, Sunshine! Welcome to another installment of Pintastic Tuesday here on the blog. We are talking about the color of sunshine: yellow. I don't know about you, but I LOVE yellow. It is such a bright and cheery color that reminds me of nothing else but Summer. It is one of my favorite colors to work with for parties, events and weddings, that adds such a freshness to everything it shines on.Here is a few things to keep in mind when using yellow or any other bright color. You want to make sure you don't over do the color.You want to make sure that the color is the central theme, but not to over do it so your guests grow tired of it. Try adding the color for a pop in a floral arrangement or a napkin at a formal dinner. If you are having a formal dinner you may want to consider yellow roses, ranunculus or even tulips. If you are having a fun and social dinner you could go with gebera daisy's, sunflowers or billy ball's. Ask yourself, does it look good in yellow? Your eyes are natural when it comes to choosing this, so go with what your eyes are drawn to. When ever I teach floral design, I tell my group to go with what looks good to them because that's what they are good for. I hope that I have given you some ideas that you can apply to your own parties. The next time your planning a party or event I encourage you to give yellow another look. Start with little accents for you party and go from there. Until next time happy pinning...






Yellow Vase Table, Balloon Table, Yellow Floral Arrangement (unknown), Yellow Dress


Pin It!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Henderson Rubin Creative Design Studio said...

Yes, I love yellow too! Great pins...thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for taking a look lisa! xoxox