5.1.16

Be Still....

"Be Still" those words I often found myself pondering on many times in 2015, more so than ever before it seems. Those seemed to be some of the hardest words I have had to listen to from myself as stress, overwhelm, truth, and so much more negativity crept through my mind many times. 


I have had to cut myself some serious slack these past few months as I have had a baby and things never go ever as planned with structure, timing and planning and I have had to learn that it's totally okay. I wanted to share what I would consider my word to be for 2016, or in this case phrase. "BE STILL" One of my favorite verses from Psalm 46:10. He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;  I will be exalted among the nations,   I will be exalted in the earth.” 

So many times I would let negativity creep in after having my daughter because here I was at a good point in my business before, after raising two kiddos already, I felt so overwhelmed with having to do it all over again. Many times I would say I just want to do this and follow my dreams, and make pretty things all the time. I realized that wasn't fair at all and that I can still follow my dreams while still raising my newest baby. I may still have to do it in the background, but I have done it for many years after working full time and part time outside of the house. 

Sure, it may take some time still and I have to say no to a lot of things right now, but I am okay with that. These moments in life don't last forever, in fact they are over in the blink of an eye. Realizing that was the same exact thought I had when I decided to have one more child. I have to just be still and know God is doing everything he intends to do in my life at that moment, at every moment. Weddings will always be there, flower jobs will continue to come and go, commercial work will always there, but the devoted time I have with my kiddos and hubby can quickly come and go. I am surely okay with that. 

If any of you reading this are feeling the same way thinking about the stress of balancing life, kids and a business I am right there with you friends. Be still and know that you are exactly where you are suppose to be. Do you have a word for 2016? I would love to read them in the comments below. Happy 2016 sweet friends.



Pin It!

No comments: